Fall HVAC QPM
The fall is the time to test your HVAC equipment for proper operation in the heat mode before the cold winter weather arrives. Along with that here is a list of other inspections that should be done on each quarterly check.
- Inspect unit for proper refrigerant level and adjust if necessary
- Remove dirt, leaves and debris from inside cabinet
- Inspect base pan for restricted drain openings—remove obstructions as necessary
- Inspect coil and cabinet—remove dirt and debris as needed
- Inspect fan motor and fan blades for wear and damage—on older models lubricate as needed
- Inspect control box, associated controls/accessories, wiring and connections. Controls may include contactors, relays, circuit boards, capacitors, sump heat and other accessories. All control box and electrical parts should be checked for wear or damage.
- Inspect compressor and associated tubing for damage
- Replace filter or filters
If you do not have a QPM contract feel free to contact us for a quote.